Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Birthday

Out of all the pictures that are archived this is the one I chose for my birthday picture.

This picture is from last year on the 4th of July when we watched the fireworks in Roswell with
the Lutheran Church congregation and they invited us into their midst and to eat with them, too. It had rained earlier and I looked up and saw this cloud and thought is so lovely.

At home we usually go up to the church on the corner to watch fireworks and the rest of the neighborhood does too. However, none of the congregation shows up. We thought it would be the same at this church in Roswell, New Mexico, but it wasn't. They were most gracious and hospitable and embraced us into their community while we were among them. They really were surprised to find us in their parking lot when they came for their pot luck and evening of watching fireworks. However, when you live in Roswell I guess strange happenings are sort of normal. Things like this happen to me all the time. I take up with strangers and just fit them into my life and love it.

Today is my birthday and I'll be celebrating with my husband and kids....I'm setting this on up to post while I'm not around to do it. I want to spend every minute I have with them. The ones from Houston are coming up Saturday afternoon and the ones that are on vacation in Florida, right in the path of Fay, should be home and the youngest that lives here will be here with her boyfriend who lives in Houston, but is working a job in Maryland. Wave to him when you see him, Melli. He works in quality control for some large business. I think he really loves my daughter and I know she loves him. Kids will leave on Monday and I have to do something or be somewhere that day so it will be Tuesday before I'm back.


6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMBER! I am so glad you are off celebrating this day with your family. I hope it is a great day for you. See ya when ya get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AS!!! Enjoy the day! Enjoy the family! Enjoy the FUN!!! Sounds like it will be a fabulous day! It's always great to have ALL the kids around! And the older they get the harder it gets - so I'm very happy for you!

    That SKY is flat out gorgeous! And I knew those Lutherans would welcome you warmly!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Amber! I hope your day is everything you want it to be and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy Birthday to you! And many, many, more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, hope it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete