Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Daily Whine

Stand back from your monitor!! I have yet another ailment for gosh sakes!

The beat just keeps on going....the ailment du jour is strep throat...we think. My throat started hurting last night and today there were white things on the back of my throat and it really hurt. So, my doc was off today...the Wednesdays when I usually get sick. So I called the rheumatologist's office...thank goodness. They told me to go to one of the Doc in the Box places again, and...this is so freaking important...not to take the rheumatology meds for the time I'm taking the antibiotics and for a week afterwards. I had no idea that was the way it should be done. No wonder he got kind of silent and in my opinion a little snippy when I told him about the sinus infection I'd taken meds for about a month ago....and I didn't call them to find out what to do. *gak* Just think two weeks without a crummy two Tuesdays!

Anyway, I now have a good reason to have some ice cream or popsicles to ease the pain. Also, I get to have the tv remote and I ge"t to watch all the dancing shows I can find. Tonight was a good night. Some had been tivoed like Dancing with the Stars", and "So You Think You Can Dance". Also, my new favorite show is "Glee". I just really like it a lot. The time for the musical is back and I love it. The kids in the show are truly very talented. I'll probably dig around and find some Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers...if I'm lucky. I really get to rest for a couple of days for real.

Stay healthy and happy. I'm off to bed with a good book and a large glass of water. Actually the Internets said to stay away from citrus juice. It would make it hurt. Learn something new everyday.

Maybe I'll do some more research about cowboy hats. There is a real interesting story about them. I think some was started, but we'll see what we can find that is interesting.

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

4 comments:

  1. get well soon, and curl up and read that good book. oh I wish I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh geeez! You poor thing! Well... I consider MYself poor if I have strep - which I have only had twice in my life! But perhaps you are considering yourself LUCKY not to have to take the other meds -- and getting to lay around and watch dancing shows for a few days! :) Nonetheless... I'm gonna blow it all and PRAY for you to get better! You can smack me when you're feeling up to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melli, Why on earth would I smack you for sending a prayer for me? Lord knows I needed all I could get last night. The medicine made me so sick I was up all night vomiting. So, pray all you like and I still don't get it at all.

    Gardenia...I'd have traded with you regardless of what you had to do today. Ughh..

    Maribeth, Hopefully I will. The doc changed the meds and I'm sticking with the crackers, 7-Up and so on. It wasn't a fun day at all.

    ReplyDelete