Thursday, November 12, 2009

Woo Hoo!

We got the tickets to see Garrison Keillor in the mail today!! I was wondering why I'd mailed something to myself....memory is going I guess. We'd forgotten about the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope...duh.

This is so exciting I can barely stand to have to wait until he gets here. Hope he is taking really good care of himself. Mr. Keillor usually has his shows farther north than here....like WAY farther north than here...Like in Minnesota..not Texas. I'm so happy he is expanding...well, he is promoting a new book, but his stories are so not Texan. But in a way they are about universal truths. I may not be a resident of Lake Wobegone or shop at Ralph's Pretty Good Grocery, but in some ways I am and do. I'm not making any sense here. Just wanted to tell you the tickets came! YAY!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Amber,

    That's going to be great! I love hearing him on Prairie Home Companion on public radio.

    You've just got to post a blog describing the whole experience, ok?

    Best wishes,

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber, Enjoy your trip. I have done the same thing you did with seeing the envelope addressed to yourself. I have actually meant to send something to someone and written my own address on the envelope and mailed it back to me!
    It's those senior moments! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skeeter,
    I will, I will write about it, but it is going to be a while yet before the show. We have listened to the show for years and have seen the movie, and now to get to attend one of his shows will be just so much fun. I was surprised to see him after listening for so many years. He isn't a handsome man, but he does have such a nice voice. It is the heart in a man that counts.

    Southern Lady,
    Aren't we a pair :o) I was just as blank about that envelope as I could be when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! That is WONDERFUL! I am SO glad YOU got some! That is great and I know you are just going to enjoy THAT show to the max!

    I'm glad you enjoyed the Luz & Nana show too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Melli,
    That was the sweetest little video! You chasing Luz with the video cam and Mom sitting in her chair probably wondering what in the world was going on.

    ReplyDelete