Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Celibacy

It was a pretty unbelivably Gosh awful day. It was moving day for the inlaws and OMG. My fil went with me as sweet as could be and like a little lamb. He had lunch and something warm to drink while I was doing something.

On the other hand my husband was left with his mother. I wouldn't say she is hard headed and strong willed, but it took hubby, the lady that helps her, three constables, and two Medstar ambulance guys to finally pry her out of the house. It was most unpleasant and she was in a royal snit by the time she got to the Assisted Living place. Then I became the subject of her venom and it was ok. It doesn't bother me...I just tell her what the court, her doctor, a nurse and a couple of social workers said...which was that neither of them is able to care for themselves or each other at all...ever...even with help. They may move her over to the more disturbed ward or she may decide she loves it there, too.


My little fil was just happy as a clam all day. When I was taking him to the room, they had put him in a transfer chair...like a wheelchair without the foot business...he was waving and telling the ladies hello and all. We didn't see any gentlemen on our way back. I really think he will be very happy to live there. Anyway when the "fire breathing dragon" got there it got so bad I went to sit in the hall. She followed me and was stamping her walker up and down and telling me how she was going to go home. I wryly commented that she seemed to have had a miracle cure of the arthritis in her hip. She has osteoarthritis and it is extremely painful to walk. That is just how mad she was. Hopefully it will get better in the next few days.

I can't bear to leave you with the dreadful goings on of the day, so here is a joke I got in the mail today. It made both of us laugh and I hope it does the same for ya'll.

Celibacy

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened to the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other."

He then addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?'

Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, 'Gold Medal-All-Purpose,right?'

And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.........


8 comments:

  1. OMG, Amber! What a day you must have had with her! I can just imagine it in my mind. I could not help but laugh when you said all the people it took to get her out of the house.. I can't help it, lady, you just crack me up sometimes. I hope she calms down and eventually likes the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a travesty, but at least it is finally over. I bet she likes it eventually. My father liked the nursing home better when he was put with a long-time neighbor.

    Will pray it settles down into some kind of normalcy and you both can breathe a sign of relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Did I miss the post about when he TOLD them this would happen?

    Are they in a room together? Or in separate rooms? This must be soooo hard for her. And I feel so sorry for your husband. It is what HAD to be done - and he knows it - but that doesn't make it any easier. She will eventually calm down and "accept" her circumstances... but she may decline very quickly. You are ALL in my prayers!

    That joke is cute! When I read the title of your post today on my reader I thought "OH NO! What has Amber got for me TODAY???" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melli,
    My husband told them the weekend before the move and every day this week...until Wednesday...the day that it actually happened. They never remembered the next day. I hope they are able to stay in this facility, because it very nice and the staff and others who live there seem very nice.

    She has hurt my husband very badly and I hope she remembers that. I'll never forget it and it will take a very long time for forgive her.

    He has already had to go up there this morning to help them find his dad's clothes. When I was unpacking there were no hangers so I didn't look everywhere. And somewhere in there I had to go to the bank to get the cash to pay the movers. They would only take cash, money order, or cashier's check. What a day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand that. Gold Medal wins hands down by the prize is a cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about all this. I dread the day I have to go through it.

    I have this joke about I hope my parents are mowed down by a bus when they are 70. Not that I want them dead, of course. It's just that I don't ever want to have to deal with any of this

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, my dear. But the die is cast. I hope she will mellow out, and forget that she was ever anyplace else but there. Tell your Hubby he is not alone. As we live longer, so do our folks, and living longer isn't always what it is cracked yo to be.
    Hugs and blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete