Monday, December 14, 2009

Just got home from running errands and found there is hardly any Christmas decorations left in the stores!! The time has flown like crazy. I had to take back a little yard stake that was warped to Garden Ridge and they had spring stuff out. Same deal at Sam's and Hobby Lobby, no ornaments. We had plenty, so it wasn't a panic day. Got the tree decorated last night after getting home from scouring the in laws' house to find stuff that if they were to be broken into it wouldn't be the end of the world.

My husband didn't want to take that much, but I convinced him we would never be able to restock it if something happened to it.

Oh gosh..I just looked at the time and I have to run. Meeting in an hour and I don't have a clue where it is. Laterz all.

5 comments:

  1. Yes the shops are fast running out of stock as you say. loved your post.
    Also thanks for visiting my world and lovely comment.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! I hope I can get the white lights I've promised for the Live Nativity STAR! I better get out there and SHOP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't noticed things getting short in my area. Husband bought some outside lights for ONE tree.

    Otherwise we are non-traditionalists this Christmas.

    Strangely,am enjoying it.

    Instead of cooking we are going to get carryouts at the VFW Christmas dinner for ourselves and one shutin neighbor.

    Yeah...no cooking, and no cleaning up for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daycare lady is breaking her back looking for orange decorations to match her newly orange living room (nicer than it sounds!!)

    also, you didn't hurt my feelings about the neck thing. You made me giggle because you sound like my mom!
    "If it hurts when you do that, then stop doing it!!"

    Problem is that the hurt makes it look like that! All stiff and gross. So not ladylike.
    Of course it isn't quite that dramatic, but I'm nothing if not an exageratorista.

    That's like fashionista, but different.

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised they already had spring stuff out but I saw Christmas stuff before Halloween, too. I am always ready for spring. My favorite time. I have so much I want to do this year. I had some more trees cut down recently. That makes 15 in the past year. I can't wait to work on my yard.

    ReplyDelete