Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rock On

Wow!  I've been out of pocket for a very long time.  There were replies from August that hadn't posted.  Somehow or other the thing for me to approve them got turned on.  I don't know.

What I do know is that I've missed reading you guy's blogs and I've missed sharing some of the things going on in my life.  Not that much going on around here.  About all you would have missed would have been a lot on whining and whinging- about the weather.  It has been so hot and dry it has been miserable.  Now aren't you glad I haven't posted.

I started reading Mona's blog about how she gets her Christmas decorations out and thinks she should get rid of a bunch of them.  I'm the same and have enough to decorate a department store, but this year I used restraint.  Our kids are spending Christmas with their other families this year.  We had all of them here last year and you know the mates have families, too.  So they are off on that adventure and we are starting a new adventure here.  This is the first year we have ever been completely alone on Christmas.  We are going to church on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day we are going to the movies.  I've always been sort of envious of families who did go and didn't spend the day cooking and doing dishes.  It will be an adventure to find a restaurant open, but "A Christmas Story" leads me to believe there might be a Chinese restaurant open.  Anyway back to the decorations again.  I promised that if we bought a 4' prelit tree I wouldn't ask to put up the giant one with all the lights and a billion or so balls and ornaments.  It is working out so nicely.  We put some new lights on the greenhouse this afternoon and it looks all cottagey and stuff.  Also on the subject of cottages and that like, if you want a very easy plant that is tough as nails and has survived a couple of record setting hot and dry summers I offer the small and charming Rock Rose.  The only thing it doesn't like is to be cut back.  I'm sure it is in a grand snit right now, because it got a haircut this afternoon.  It gets huffy, but gets over it.

Anyway, if you are around I've missed you and even if you aren't around, I've missed you, too.  I'm making a resolution to blog a little more in 2013.  The fascination with face book has worn off.  All these plans are contingent on surviving the end of the Mayan world.  We were talking about that grim event the other day at lunch and I've been operating on the assumption that TENOTW (The End Of The World) was to take place on 12/12/2012, but my girlfriends assured me it is to be on the 21st.  That doesn't make as much sense, but I guess I'll go along with them on this. 

Rock On and Peace be with you \/  Live long and prosper, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment